Moist and juicy north Indian Kalakand recipe
Preparation/cooking time: 20 minutes
Servings: 16 pieces
400gr sweetened condensed milk
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
2 tbsp chopped nuts (eg. pistachio, cashewnuts or almonds)
1 tsp kewda water
1) Grease a baking tray and keep aside.
2) Pour sweetened condensed milk and ricotta in a heavy bottom pan and bring to a boil, then on a lower flame let the mixture cook for about 15 minutes stiring continously.
3) Once the mixture becomes thick (not too thick, it should be slighly juice) add the kewda water and pour the mixture in the baking tray (1.5 - 2cm thickness).
4) Sprinkle the chopped nuts on top and refrigirate for minimum 2 hours.
5) Cut the kalakand into 16 pieces and store in the fridge.
6) Keep at room temperature 30 minutes before serving and enjoy your delicious kalakand with a warm cup of chai!
If you want to know more about the Indian cuisine and its aromatic spices, visit our tips & tricks page.